Webinar: Procedure of weld seam calculation
Seminar Program June 2023
Welded joints play an important role in mechanical engineering, plant construction, rail vehicle construction, pressure vessel construction, vehicle construction and many other industries. In the online seminar "Differences in application and methods of weld seam calculation" (28 - 29 June 2023), you will learn how welded structures can be designed or calculated economically in practice according to FKM, Eurocode and DVS 1612.
Focus of the online seminar:
- Properties of welded joints and why damage to welded structures can occur
- Verification concepts for the calculation of welds (nominal, structural, notch and effective stress concept) and their areas of application
- FEM modeling techniques for the verification concepts
- Weld seam calculations according to FKM, Eurocode, DVS 1612 and IIW recommendations with examples
- Use of state-of-the-art tools for weld seam evaluation with examples
- Relationship between weld quality (e.g. evaluation group according to ISO 5817) and stressability of welds based on DVS 0705
- Increasing the fatigue strength of welds by using weld post-treatment methods (e.g. higher frequency hammering with PIT)
MDESIGN Knowledge Update online seminars always take place in the morning (CET) and always live - for the best possible integration into your daily work and the best possible exchange. Ask your questions directly to experienced speakers and benefit from the intensive knowledge exchange. With detailed training documents you consolidate your learning success.
We are looking forward to your participation!
Your MDESIGN team